Understanding App Usage
Today View gives you a snapshot and trend analysis of your active and engaged users and their activities in your application across your apps and website.
In this view:
- New Users represent first time users in your app or website on that day
- Existing Users represent users returning to your app or website on that day and
- Engaged Users represent users who have either viewed more than two pages/screens or have stayed on your site for more than two minutes.
Activity Stream tab shows some of the users who are active in your app, and what events are they undertaking.
Mobile App View
Mobile App View various metrics related to app usage, user retention, engagement and conversion across mobile platforms.
In this view:
- Daily Active Users, Weekly Active Users, and Monthly Active Users represent users who have launched your application at least once the respective Daily, Weekly and Monthly time period
- Daily Paying Users, Weekly Paying Users, and Monthly Paying Users represent users for whom you’ve raised the
Chargedevent (or users qualifying as per the conversion event) at least once during the relevant time period
This view presents detailed metrics on:
- 1, 3, and 7-day Retention, Engagement and Conversion percentages, reflecting the percentage of new users who return to your application, meaningfully engage with your application, and convert into paying (or another conversion metric you choose) users, respectively, during the first 1, 3 and 7 days after first use
- Daily Revenue generated
- Daily Paying Users/Daily Active Users (DPU/DAU(%)) and Daily Paying Users/Monthly Active Users (DPU/MAU(%)) which measure the proportion of your active users who are making payments in your application i.e. how good you are at converting users into paying users
- Average Revenue Per Daily Active User (ARPDAU) which gives a sense of revenue earned on a daily basis per user from your application
- Average Revenue Per Daily Paying User (ARPDPU) which gives a sense of average daily revenue from a paying user in your application
- Daily Active Users/Monthly Active Users(DAU/MAU(%)) aka Sticky Quotient which represents the percentage of your monthly active users who visit your application daily i.e. how many of your active users are very active users
Uninstall View presents data on the number of users uninstalling your app, the number of new activations (first time app launches), and the net number of new installs i.e. new installs – total uninstalls, for specific date ranges.
Please note the following:
- You must explicitly enable Uninstall detection feature from your dashboard
- Uninstall detection is only available for the iOS and Android apps. Uninstall data is not available for Windows apps
Read about the App Uninstall Event to understand how it works, and the advantages of enabling Uninstall detection
If your app charges customers for goods or services – you an use CleverTap to track revenue. You can record the
Charged Event to track customer purchases, and view revenue related metrics via the
To display revenue data, please be sure to set your
Charged event as your “Conversion Event” and specify the revenue event property (i.e. Amount) to be calculated and displayed.
Setting the Conversion Event and Revenue Property: